Camping club uk     

A free and friendly club

Camping Forums

Forum Home > General Chat > LONG TERM TENT SITE

mark

Good afternoon all,

Here is my query and hoping you can throw some suggestions in...I retire entirely beginning of April, it has long been a wish of mine to llive under canvass for a lengthy period, say at least 4 months. Do any of you guys know of a campsite where this would be viewed favourabley. I'd be looking for a discount for long term. 3 man tent, just little old me and good news is I can do this anywhere in the country I choose ( I am excluding Scotland, have lived there and it gets rather chilly, summer or no summer )....coast or inland, I do  not mind at all, nearby (walking distance) to a few shops/pubs etc. would be ideal.

I'm hoping given your experience you can shine a light on this for me. Have looked at various sites and the ave.  £20 per night is a bit steep, so I,d appreciate all/any replies.

All the best, 
Mark 

--
February 8, 2018 at 7:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Guy Lynes

That's an interesting question. Have you approached any camp sites that take your fancy with that question yet? If you look at certificated sites available to members of the Camping and Caravanning Club, you may find some sites with prices for a tent pitch, a LOT lower in price than that - possibly between £5 and £10 a night depending on facitilties available.  Beteer still, have a drive around some out-of-the-way places, looking for the roughly put up sign at the entrances to farms and the like, that advertise "Camping". There are many tucked away in Wales, which cost as little as £2 - £3 a night!

April 7, 2018 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.