Camping club uk     

A free and friendly club

Camping Forums

Forum Home > General Chat > Necessary to reserve campsites (June - July)?

kris

Hello, 

We are planning a month-long camping trip through England, Wales, and Scotland this summer, and were wondering how necessary it is to reserve camping sites in advance. 

We'll be in the UK from June 20th - July 15th, travelling in our VW camper bus, with a dog. Ideally, I'd like to make no reservations so that we can dawdle in a location of it suits us, or move on to the next location as we wish.

Any advice regarding the necessity to book campsites during this time of year? Are we likely to have luck just pulling into a campground and finding available sites?

Thanks so much! 

Kris

April 25, 2016 at 5:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Buster

HI Just joined and I see you have already done your journey. I am interested in the same subject. Can I ask you how you got on?

Thanks Buster

July 29, 2016 at 4:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kate

From my own experience, what I tend to do is have possible campsites identified, check if they have spaces but I don't book, then play it by ear as I go along. I do phone ahead if definitely heading for somewhere to take the stress out of finding a site for the night.

August 8, 2016 at 1:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tommy
Site Owner
How did you get on with your trip kris? Did you have to book many of the sites or could you just turn up?
--
Http://Www.conservatoryroofsuk.com
August 10, 2016 at 7:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.