Camping club uk     

A free and friendly club

Camping Forums

Forum Home > General Chat > Best starter sites close to Newcastle.

Leeandlisa
Hi all. New to the site, recently bought a trailer tent and me and the wife want to start getting away for weekends here and there. We are fairly new to camping so don't want to venture too far away from home at first til we get more used to it. Any info on decent but cheap enough sites as close to South Shields (near Newcastle) as possible would be greatly appreciated, also any tips etc welcomed. Thanks in advance. Lee.
February 29, 2016 at 7:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hardy-Clan

Hi Lee and Lisa, welcome to this club and also to camping!

I can't help with best sites for that area but there will be plenty of members on here who can help with that.

My best advice for a newbie is to make a check list of all the items you will want to take with you. It is so easy to forget essential things like pillows or toiletries and this can make a trip a misery when you realise and you're already on site.

The list will grow as you do your first few trips and you decide to take more things. Put them all on a excel sheet that you can add to and print it off before each trip. As you pack the items or at least put them ready for your trip tick them off. Hopefully you'll have everything you intended to take.

Join our Facebook page to chat to a few of us and ask all the questions you must have. Lots of members on there who will help.

Jo Hardy

February 29, 2016 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leeandlisa

Hi Jo,

thanks for the reply, and good advice on the checklist, this is part of the reason we only want to stay local at first.

weve been looking for some sites nearby and seems there are a few within an hour or so drive, so looking forward to getting into it properly!

February 29, 2016 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

tommy
Site Owner
Welcome to ccuk. I think cooperman is from that way so it might be worth a private message to him. The only one ive been to is tee's barage in boro. Nice site next to shopping centre and white water rafting centre.
--
Http://Www.conservatoryroofsuk.com
March 2, 2016 at 2:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.